Tuesday, October 26, 2010

WIP 70.5 Camaro Pro Mod

I've been pending most of my Summer working on projects for the magazine. With the bulk of it taken care of, I decided to get back to a project of my own. I enjoy the magazine work but it's also nice to be able to build something with no rules, obligations or time constraints.

 I've had a lot of people ask me about my drag cars and ask me why I never built a Pro Mod. More than anything I had so many NHRA cars I wanted to do, I never really paid much attention to them. After getting beat up for so long, I finally decided to try one. I picked up a handful of bodies from Slixx until I found one that made me smile. This is the Flashpoint Resins 70.5 Camaro.

 

And here's the body with some clean up done. My plan is to get this one to go back together when finished. Doors that will open and close, and the hood that will go back on. I'd like to be able to show it all opened up or completely buttoned up, race ready.

Once I get the chassis done I'll start cutting it apart.



One of the first things I started working on was a new clutch can and Lenco transmission. These are two separate pieces, just tacked together. Both were machined on both the lathe and the mill. This will get a lot more stuff added to it as things progress. You can also see a small start to the completely scratch built chassis.




Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/scacs/forums/thread/913783.aspx

Kamui Kobayashi Helmuth Koinigg Heikki Kovalainen Mikko Kozarowitzky Willi Krakau

No comments:

Post a Comment