Monday, October 18, 2010

1965 Buick Riviera - Bamboo Cream - Interior Finished

My next "wip" is going to be this AMT 1965 Buick Riviera. This will be the first Buick in my vast collection of model cars. I do have the 1962 Buick Electra started but not finished yet. I have decided to paint the exterior in MCW factory stock "Bamboo Cream". I have not decided on the interior colour as of yet. Either black or a tan colour would look nice. I am open to any suggestions for an interior colour. This is a very basic kit ( typical '60s tooling ) with molded-in exhaust pipes. No detailed suspension just metal axles front and back. At least the front seats are not molded into the interior tub making detailing the interior a slightly easier task. I am hoping that despite the old tooling and the lack of detailed parts, this kit will build up looking have decent.....I guess time will tell!  Anyway, stay tuned for more progress and thanks for checking my topic out.

Modelhaus resin whitewall tires will be used in place of the ones included with the kit.

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/scacs/forums/thread/916483.aspx

David Hampshire Sam Hanks Walt Hansgen Mike Harris Cuth Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment