Friday, July 22, 2011

General Lee Confederate flags.

I've posted this here as I didn't want to hijack MavDogg's posting is Muscle cars re "Replica General Lee build" but can someone explain what the issue is with showing Confederate flags? I know this must be because of the Civil War, but why is it that offensive? I know in the Military modelling world Nazi flags are frowned upon by some and maybe with just cause if their family had suffered at the hands of the sadistic Nazi regime, but what was so offensive during this piece of American history?

I also don't want to start a South V North issue here, but I'm an Aussie and I'm just curious as to the roots of this issue, so if this gets out of hand, moderators please delete this thread if need be.

Cheers

Tim 

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/969761.aspx

Kevin Cogan Peter Collins Bernard Collomb Alberto Colombo Erik Comas

No comments:

Post a Comment