Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hinge Problems

OK  I haven't built since 1967 and never messed with scratchbuilding back then.  I am working on a Revell 32 5-window duece and made hinges for the trunk lid according to posts on this forum.  But no matter how I make my bends;  the darn thing won't open.  The upper edge of the lid keeps binding on the body opening.  I am using the tubing glued to body/ brass wire hinges method.  Can maybe someone tell me where I am messing this up?  I calculate the "swing" of the lid and bend accordingly but still get the bind.  Before I painted the body and lid I even chamffered that upper edge anticipating the bind. 

Thanks folks; and have a great day,  Larry

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/935891.aspx

Antonio Creus Larry Crockett Tony Crook Art Cross Geoff Crossley

No comments:

Post a Comment