Saturday, October 1, 2011

1962 Pontiac SD421 build.

Well, I started this kit last spring while I was working in California.  I keep all of my modeling kits and supplies in my RV and I build while I am on the road.  So, like many people, kits get started and then sit for a long time before completion.  Now I have a deadline.  I plan to attend High Plains Con XXII in Loveland, CO next weekend with the car.

So, here it is.  It is box stock and I have added a few details.  I have added some blue flocking for carpet.  Also, I added some texture to the exhaust manifolds to give them the cast look.  A little baking powder in between some wet paint coats did the job.

For some reason I decided to BMF the trim before I cleared the paint.  Right now the clear is hardening up and I will post photos of that next week.  So far the clear looks good.  I spray can shot it with Tamyia lacquer.

 

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/980091.aspx

Cecil Green Keith Greene Masten Gregory Cliff Griffith Georges Grignard

No comments:

Post a Comment