Tuesday, September 20, 2011

1969 Biscayne 2-Door Sedan

A couple of years ago, I purchased a Model Car World Resin 1969 Chevy Biscayne 2 Door Sedan Transkit.  There is a local car I was quite interested in doing a similar model of, which was a 1969 Chevy Biscayne Sedan, equipped with a 427/390 HP V8, a 4-speed transmission, and little else. When MCW announced it was going to market a '69 Biscayne, I couldn't wait fotr it, as I had their '65 and '66. I finally received their '69, but I was a little disapointed in it, as the rear side windows and the angle of the back window was the wrong angle. That did not stop me from building it, as I made a few modifications in the side windows and the roof by pie cutting the rear window and slanting the rear window, as well as re-shaping the side windows, and replacing the drip mouldings. The transkit was designed to be combined with the AMT '70 Impala kit, which I used with very little mdification

I wanted a sleeper look to the car, so I painted it a non descript aqua, with a black vinyl interior, featuring a tilt column, a " Sport Steering Wheel in Rosewood", and a AM/FM radio. The running stock are chevy rally wheels, with "police" caps, and no trim rings, mounted on red lines. Under the hood is a ZL-1 Aluminum 427/430 V8with a 4-speed, and a 4:11 posi. Yes, this car could have come from the factory as a C.O.P.O. , like what came from a performance oriented  dealership like Berger, Yenko, Nickey, or Baldwin (Motion Performance).

Everything I put on the car as available in 1969 from the factory, even though its not shown in the brochure. I have a fertile imagination, and would love to have such a beast as a one -to- one car. It would be a blast to drive.

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/974156.aspx

Mike Nazaruk Tiff Needell Jac Nelleman Patrick Neve John Nicholson

No comments:

Post a Comment